The Leading House ETH Zurich and the Korean National Research Foundation (NRF) are delighted to call on applicants to apply for the Young Researchers’ Exchange Fellowship. The objective of this program is to foster and facilitate the direct exchange between Korean and Swiss research groups and to enable the mobility of young researchers such as PhD students.
The Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) was ministry of the government of South Korea which coordinates science and technology activities in the country.
Level: research programme.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in all scientific fields – including social sciences and humanities.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Budget for Swiss Researchers going to Korea (NRF)
- NRF will provide the following support to Swiss fellows:
- Maintenance allowance: KRW 2’500’000 a month for 3 months
- International air ticket of max. KRW 2’500’000.
- The duration of the stay in Korea is limited to 3 months.
- Budget for Korean Researchers in Switzerland
- The Swiss side of the programme through ETH Zurich will support the Korean fellows with a
- Monthly allowance of CHF 2’500 for 3 months and an international air ticket of max. CHF 2’000
Scholarship can be taken in South Korea and Switzerland
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be young researchers (PhD students and young postdocs)
Nationality: South Korean and Swiss applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be young researchers.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email or online
For Swiss applicants:
- Completed application form including a project description and details about the host
- Institution and the planned stay in Korea (see application form).
- Supporting letter from the Swiss supervisor.
- Acceptance letter from the Korean host supervisor.
- For Korean applicants, the regulations of the NRF apply.
- Swiss applicants should send applications to Dr. Rahel Byland by email: (rahel.byland-at-sl.ethz.ch
For Korean applicants:
- One copy of the Korean language application form.
- One English application form.
- One copy of your personal information and application form.
- (Reference) Preparation of domestic institutions for inviting Swiss researchers Part 1 End.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 6, 2017.