The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of Luxembourg (MFEA) is Offering Scholarships opportunities to students who intends to pursue a Masters degree in European Legal Studies – MELS for the 2017 academic year. These Scholarships are available to applicants from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia (FYROM), Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
This scholarship allows three candidates who have already started their professional career to follow a Master programme in European Legal Studies in Luxembourg.
EIPA was created in 1981 on the occasion of the first European Council held in Maastricht, and is supported by the EU Member States and the European Commission.
The mission of EIPA is to provide high-quality training courses to develop the capacities of professionals, national and regional public administrations dealing with EU affairs, as well as the European Institutions.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships will be awarded in the field of Legal Studies.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover following:
- Full tuition fee including access to online sessions and materials for distance learning;
- Contribution towards international air travel expenses over 2 academic years
(15 academic weekends, 4 examination sessions, 1 diploma ceremony, thus, 20 travels in total) up to €10.000; and
- Contribution towards accommodation and meals in Luxembourg amounting to €118 per night, up to 3 nights per academic weekend or examination session.
Number of Scholarships: There are only three scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in the Luxembourg
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Bachelor’s degree. Diploma in law, political science, economics, European studies or modern languages etc. will be considered as an advantage;
- Active knowledge of English or French, with at least a passive knowledge of the other language to be certified by recognized language diplomas or proofs of residency and/or studies in countries where these languages are used;
- Commitment to successfully complete a master programme for professionals which requires traveling to Luxembourg 5 times per academic semester to attend face-to-face lectures and exam sessions and to pursue the online and distance learning components of the course;
- Completion of the registration form including a comprehensive motivation letter stating the reasons to apply and the ability to cover certain costs (see below the coverage of the scholarship); and
- Letter of acceptance from the employer to follow the study programme explicitly agreeing to necessary absences due to international travels and following lectures on Fridays.
Nationality: Applicants from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia (FYROM), Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey can apply for these Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree. Diploma in law, political science, economics, European studies or modern languages etc.
English language Requirements: Applicants must have Active knowledge of English or French, with at least a passive knowledge of the other language to be certified by recognized language diplomas or proofs of residency and/or studies in countries where these languages are used.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is June 25, 2017.