The European Young Researchers’ Award (EYRA) is granted to researchers demonstrating outstanding research performance and leadership. The eligible candidates should work in a European country (understood in the geographic sense as defined by Council of Europe’s membership rules), but are not required to have a European nationality.
The aim of the award is to inspire early stage researchers to incorporate a European dimension and perspective into their research.
EuroScience (the founding organisation of ESOF, EuroScience Open Forum) is a pan-European grassroots organisation for the support and promotion of science and technology in Europe. It is dedicated to scientific research and innovation and offers a unique framework for interaction and debate for scientists, innovators, policy makers, business people and the general public.
Course Level: The award is available for pursuing research programme.
Study Subject: The award is granted in the field of science.
Scholarship Award: The award consists of a Certificate, waiving the participation fee to ESOF, a grant to cover travel and accommodation for the stay in the ESOF city and a two years’ free EuroScience membership.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Europe.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Candidates should work in a European country (understood in the geographic sense as defined by Council of Europe’s membership rules), but are not required to have a European nationality.
- The 2017 call is open to young researchers who are enrolled in their first PhD at the time of the application deadline or have defended their thesis after January 1st, 2017.
- The application should be in English.
Nationality: Applicants from Europe can apply for European Young Researchers’ Award.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be enrolled in PhD.
How to Apply: The applicants can apply by online mode.
- Cover page – form to be downloaded, completed and included in the online application
- Up to two pages A4 describing the research and its European dimension (upload under supporting documents)
- Maximum of two pages CV including statement of prizes/awards already received.
- A list of publications, posters for exhibitions, conferences, performances (including concerts for students in performing arts and musicology, etc.) (upload under supporting documents)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 16, 2017.