ERITREAN-AMERICAN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP 2017
The EASF was founded in 2012 to encourage Eritrean-American high school students to pursue higher education. Scholarship funds can be used to cover the cost of tuition and other expenses associated with attending college such as books, supplies, etc.
This scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance to students who are doing their best to obtain a college degree, keeping their superior academic performance and participating in extracurricular activities to better the Eritrean Community of greater California.
Scholarships are awarded on a one-time basis in the amount of $500.00. Each year the EASF President and administrators select awardees from a pool of qualifying applicants. Scholarships are awarded to students during a luncheon event.
Application Information and Instructions
Applicants must meet all of the following:
1. A graduating high school senior
2. Of Eritrean or Eritrean-American descent
3. A resident of Los Angeles County or Sonoma County
4. Plans to attend an accredited two or four-year college or university the following fall term
5. Have a minimum GPA of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale
1. Required: Complete the EASF application form here.
2. Required: Send an unofficial transcript (which includes grades for all years attended) to email@example.com (if you are a finalist, you will be required to send an official transcript at a later time).
3. Optional: Any additional supplemental information (resume, personal statement, letters of reference, etc)
4. Optional: Photograph (for publicity purposes only). Email as a PDF or JPEG attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. All application materials should be addressed to ERITREAN-AMERICAN SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION COMMITTEE, and emailed to email@example.com, on or before the application due date of 11:59 p.m. May
1. May 2 – All applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM on May
2. May 3 – Committee deliberates and selects finalists.
3. May 17 – Committee selects and notifies the winning applicants.
4. May 24 – Winners will be honored and given their scholarship award during a luncheon with the EASF president and administrators.