Entries are currently ongoing for theErasmus For Young Entrepreneurs Cross-Border Exchange Programme 2017. Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a cross-border exchange programme which gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other Participating Countries.
The exchange of experience takes place during a stay with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small firm. The host benefits from fresh perspectives on his/her business and gets the opportunities to cooperate with foreign partners or learn about new markets.
The programme encourages the participation of both:
- Aspiring or new entrepreneurs
- Experienced entrepreneurs
- New entrepreneurs, firmly planning to set up their own business or have already started one within the last three years
- Experienced entrepreneurs who own or manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise in one of the Participating Countries
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs provides practical and financial assistance for new entrepreneurs (NE) staying with an experienced host entrepreneur (HE) in another EU country. The typical activities in realising such stays include:
•Matching an eligible NE with an appropriate HE;
• Facilitation of contacts between the NE and HE by intermediary organisations (IOs) active in
• Coordination of the activities of the IOs by the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs Support Office (SO);
• Agreement of the parties involved (i.e. the selected NE, the HE and the IOs responsible) on the conditions for the stay abroad: the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs commitment, business/work/learning plan, tasks, responsibilities, financial conditions and legal implications;
•Duration of the stay abroad: 1–6 months, with the possibility to divide the stay into slots of aminimum of 1 week spread over a maximum of 12 months.
• Assessment and evaluation of the outcomes by the IOs responsible.
As a new entrepreneur, you will benefit from on-the-job training in a small or medium-sized enterprise in another Participating Country. This will ease the successful start of your business or strengthen your new enterprise. You can also benefit from access to new markets, international cooperation and potential possibilities for collaboration with business partners abroad.
As a host entrepreneur, you can benefit from fresh ideas from a motivated new entrepreneur on your business. He may have specialised skills or knowledge in an area you do not master, which could also complement yours. Most host entrepreneurs enjoyed the experience so much that they decide to host other new entrepreneurs afterwards.
It is really a win-win collaboration whereby both of you can also discover new European markets or business partners, different ways of doing business.
On the longer-term, you will benefit from wide networking opportunities, and, possibly, decide to continue your collaboration, possibly as long-term business partners (e.g. joint ventures, sub-contracting activities, contractor-supplier relationships, etc).
“Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs” is financed by the European Commission
and operates across the Participating Countries with the help of the local contact points
, competent in business support (e.g. Chambers of Commerce, start-up centres, incubators etc.). Their activities are coordinated at European level by the Support Office
of the Programme.