The University of Ghana is happy to announce ENCAPEH-UG MPhil Fellowship Programme for Ghanaian students. The fellowship is awarded in the field of humanities.
The purpose of the project is to enhance University of Ghana’s capacity and postgraduate training in the Humanities.
The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue MPhil programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship are awarded in the following fields:
- Languages (including English, Linguistics, French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Russian);
- Arts (including Philosophy and Classics, Archaeology and Heritage Studies, the Study of Religions and History);
- Performing Arts (including Dance, Music and Theatre Arts);
- African Studies
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- The University of Ghana is to receive funding from The Andrew Mellon Foundation of New York to implement a project titled “Enhancing Capacity and Postgraduate Education in the Humanities at the University of Ghana
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Ghana
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in any of the disciplines mentioned above;
- Have excellent academic credentials and must demonstrate commitment to pursuing an academic care
Nationality: Ghanaian applicants are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- A Completed Application Form.
- An offer of admission from the Graduate School, University of Ghana, to pursue an MPhil Degree.
- An applicant without an offer of admission from the University of Ghana can still apply; however, the award will be disbursed only when the awardees have received
- An updated CV.
- Names and contact details of three referees.
- Certified copies of First Degree and other relevant certificates.
- MPhil research proposal of not more than 2 pages clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope and methodology.
- A work plan and a budget attached to separate sheets
- Email: ENCAPEH-UG-at-ug.edu.gh
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 5.00 p.m on August 21, 2017.