Hurry now and submit your applications for the Emerging Voices for Global Health 2018, only eligible applicants will be considered for this program
Emerging Voices for Global Health (EV4GH) is an innovative multi-partner blended training
program for young, promising and emerging health policy & systems researchers, decision
makers and other health system actors with an interest to become influential global health
voices and/or local change makers. EV4GH coaches “Emerging Voices” to participate
actively in international conferences where global health issues are addressed and to raise
their voice in scientific and policy debates.
EV4GH 2018 tracks for young researchers and other health system actors
The EV4GH programme is managed by an internationally representative governance
committee consisting of EV alumni elected by previous EV4GH participants and a few
invited members from academia (from EV partner institutes, mostly).
For EV 2018, we work closely with the Liverpool Symposium Local Organising Committee
and Health Systems Global and shall create opportunities for and support young health
researchers, decision makers and other health actors to stage their work at the Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research. An Emerging Voices consortium has been established with a secretariat hosted at the Institute of Public Health Bangalore
(India) and several partner institutions including (in alphabetical order)
● Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM), Antwerp, Belgium
● Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, United Kingdom
● Public Health Foundation of India, New Delhi, India
● Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
● The University of Cape Town (UCT), Cape Town, South Africa
A limited number of full and partial scholarships may be awarded to successful EVs. The
scholarships shall be prioritised for LMICs participants whereas participants from universities and research institutions from the North are expected to raise partial/full resources for their participation.
EV selection cannot guarantee a successful & timely visa process, unfortunately, so if
selected, we encourage participants to start visa application asap.
For both tracks, the full EV4GH 2018 venture consists of:
1) E-coaching and distance learning in preparation of a face-to-face training (July-Sept 2018)
2) Face-to-face training: scientific presentation, networking and communication skills coaching using innovative formats, and content training & field visit to the National Health Service (Liverpool, end of September-5 October 2018)
3) Young researchers (& other changemakers’) pre-conference (6 October 2018)
4) Participation in the Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research (Liverpool, 8
-12 October 2018)
5) Wrap-up–focusing on Emerging ‘beyond Liverpool’ (Liverpool, 13 October 2018)
6) Membership of EV4GH network and other thematic working groups of Health Systems Global
Expected Outcomes EV4GH 2018
Expected outputs/outcomes for Emerging Voices participants (depending on the track):
• Poster presentation (track 1)
• Oral presentation during pre-conference (in an innovative format) (both tracks)
• Active participation in the Liverpool Symposium (both tracks)
• Blogs, publication, … (both tracks) * Improved knowledge of tools & strategies to become a more effective activist, knowledge broker, health journalist, … (track 2)
- There will be two tracks for which participants can apply to be an EV 2018. While one track is reserved for researchers involved in health policy and systems research, the other track seeks to attract health professionals, activists, decision or policy-makers and/or other health systems actors.
- All applicants must have been born on or after 1 January 1978
Track 1: Researcher track
Applicants must submit an abstract for the Liverpool conference and have at least two of
– A Master’s degree in health or a health- related field
– Be enrolled in a doctoral-level programme in health or a health-related field
– At least two-year work or research experience in public health or development
– Experience and/or knowledge from working in LMICs
Track 2: Other health system actors’ track
Applicants must fulfil one of the following:
– Be involved in a decision-making, implementation or practitioner role within health services or systems
– Be a passionate voice for strengthening health systems within their local/national health systems in the role of activists, health journalists or patient advocates or otherwise involved in advancing health equity and social justice in their regions.
For both tracks,special consideration will be given to people who explicitly include the political dimension of health systems and services in their work, and challenge power in whatever form, based on good evidence.
Focus will be on applicants from the Global South especially LMICs, but candidates
from the global north can also apply (they need to have relevant field experience in the
global South, though, and work on health policy & systems research in the South).
The EV4GH programme is in English. Participants thus need a reasonable command of English
How to apply
The full application process consists of 2 steps for Track 1:
1. Application via submission of an Abstract (Title of maximum 25 words + an abstract of maximum 400 words) through the Symposium website
2. Fill the google form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org following attachments 1) the
(same) abstract you submitted to the symposium (+ translated abstract, if abstract in French or Spanish), 2) Short CV, 3) Motivation letter
For Track 2:
1. Fill the google form and email to email@example.com following attachments
1) Short CV,
2) Motivation letter,
2) Motivation letter,
3) Essay, or
4) Video/ Link
All the above should be completed at the latest by 5 March 2018
Application Deadline: March 5th 2018
For More Information:
SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
NEVER MISS A SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY. JOIN OVER 50,000 Members.