The European Publishers Longterm Reporting Grant is a media funding project operated by the European Journalism Centre. The grant programme aims to raise awareness of selected United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by way of supporting coverage by media outlets who reach significant audiences in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden or the United Kingdom. They are looking for original reporting about the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with respect to one or more of the world’s Least Developed Countries (LDCs), and/or the respective key European donor country’s development relations with LDCs.
- An average grant of €130,000 is given to support projects of great impact
- Media organisations with websites that target audiences in one or more of the following European countries are eligible to apply: France, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and United Kingdom;
- Your story must:
- Focus on relevant development issues in one or more of the world’s developing countries, excluding the countries from the former Yugoslav Republic, former Soviet Union countries, China and countries covered by a US financial embargo (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria);
- Report on one or more of the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and/or the key European donor countries’ development relations with LDCs are strongly preferred.
All applications will be reviewed by a jury that will rate and rank the projects according to the following criteria:
- Editorial focus and quality
- Impact and reach
Interested and eligible applicants can proceed to complete the application form.
Deadline: July 26, 2017