Swansea University is offering The Eira Francis Davies Scholarships. This Scholarships are awarded to female students demonstrating academic excellence and evidence of financial need.
Offered annually? No
Eligible Countries: Female students from developing Countries. See countries below
To be taken at (country): Swansea University, United Kingdom
Eligible Field of Study: Courses in the Human and Health Sciences
About the Award: The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship, which shall be awarded from time to time by the Senate of Swansea University on the basis of academic merit and/or financial need and which shall contribute to tuition fees, shall be tenable for such period as determined by the Senate and shall be subject to satisfactory academic progress and to such other terms and conditions as the University shall stipulate. It is a condition of the award of the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship that the student agrees to return to her country for work or study upon completion of degree studies at Swansea University.
Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees
Eligibility: Female students ordinarily resident in a developing country* who are admitted to pursue an undergraduate or a Taught Master’s postgraduate course at Swansea University’s College of Human & Health Science shall be eligible to apply for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship.
- For undergraduate courses, applicants are expected to achieve 3 A and/or B grades at A-Level or equivalent (excluding General Studies) and 5 A and/or B grades at GCSE level or equivalent. For Postgraduate Taught courses, applicants should have a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelors degree (or equivalent). In the case of all applicants, their English language ability must meet any stipulated condition of offer and UKBA requirements.
- Candidates must be new, full-time, degree seeking, non-EU applicants
- Candidates must have completed an application to study and accepted the offer of a place at Swansea University with the College of Human and Health Sciences
- Candidates must show strong academic ability and financial need
- Candidates should not be eligible for other financial support from Swansea University e.g. tuition fee reductions through collaborative links or bursaries Please note that students progressing from ICWS are not eligible to apply for an International Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Gambia, The Myanmar, Bangladesh, Guinea, Nepal, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Niger, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Somalia, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Chad, Liberia, Tanzania, Comoros, Madagascar, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Malawi, Uganda, Eritrea, Mali, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Angola, India, Sao Tome and Principe, Armenia, Iraq, Senegal, Belize, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bhutan, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Bolivia, Lao PDR, Sudan, Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland, Cape Verde, Marshall Islands, Syrian Arab Republic, Congo, Rep., Mauritania, Timor-Leste, Ivory Coast, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Tonga, Djibouti, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tuvalu, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Indonesia and Samoa
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship, and will be awarded to students demonstrating academic excellence and evidence of financial need
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of course or degree
Application Deadline: 18th June, 2017
How to Apply: Apply here
Award Provider: Swansea University
Important Notes: Candidates should endeavour to read the full Eira Davies Terms and Conditions before applying.