ECU Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement
The ECU Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement is awarded by the University to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has demonstrated outstanding engagement with external communities and has contributed to the achievement of the University’s strategic priorities through engagement activities in 2017. University students and staff, and representative bodies external to the University, may nominate any eligible student or a student team. The award includes a payment of $5,000 to the successful student or team.
- You must be a current ECU student to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To be eligible for nomination, you must:
- have enrolled in at least one unit at ECU in 2017, and not formally withdrawn or deferred before census date for that unit;
- hold an academic status of good standing at time of nomination;
- be nominated by a third party (self-nominations will not be accepted);
- not be in a paid position in the university if being nominated as part of a team; and
- for student groups, demonstrate working with the ECU Student Guild.
Please also note:
- recipients of a previous year’s award are eligible;
- a student or student team may be nominated for this award and other Vice-Chancellor’s Student Awards in the same period; and
- if nominating a student group it expected that the group will have worked with the Student Guild and this will be demonstrated in the nomination.
Selection will be decided by a panel and will be based on the strength of the nomination and the demonstrated engagement.
How to nominate
Nominations are required be submitted on the forms provided and in the format stated.
Nominations can be from:
- University students;
- University staff; or
- Representative bodies external to the University.
Self-nominations will not be accepted.
For more information
Download the Vice Chancellors Student Awards Policy and Guidelines document or contact the Scholarships Office.