SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The European Association for the Study of the Liver awards EASL Postgraduate Fellowship is intended to support European and non-European applicants who wish to conduct research at a European centre.
The aim of the fellowship is to support the most promising newly qualified postgraduate researchers who wish to expand research fields and start developing their independent research careers.
The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) is a European professional association for liver disease.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue postgraduate research programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- Base funding of 60,000 EUR per year paid directly to the Hosting Institution, providing support for basic salary. The Salary Contribution may also cover part of the research expenses, depending on the salary determined by the Hosting Institution, and detailed in the fellowship application.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Europe
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must be active EASL members or have applied for membership at the time of the application;
- Applicant must not hold a permanent position;
- The Hosting Institution must be in Europe;
- The Hosting Institution must be different from the Home Institution and preferably located in a different European country;
- No more than 1 application per hosting and home institution will be considered;
- The research supervisor in the hosting institution must be an EASL member but must not be a member of the EASL Governing Board.
- No restriction on the applicant’s age or nationality
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a PhD and /or an MD degree and have no more than two years of postgraduate research experience.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have fluency in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- A detailed research proposal identifying an important research question and the plan to achieve the aims (max. 4 pages)
- A detailed CV (Max. 2 pages)
- 2 reference letters (including one from the candidate’s senior mentor at the home institution)
- An official letter signed by the candidate’s supervisor at the hosting institution including the following:
- A statement detailing how much of the design and research work will be done by the candidate,
- A statement confirming that the object of the research program is unpublished (as defined by not having appeared on PubMed) by the closing date for award submissions
- A confirmation that the Hosting Institution will appoint the candidate under a temporary employment contract if the fellowship is granted.
- A confirmation that the candidate is, or has applied to become, a member of the EASL.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2017.