The Climate Change Media Partnership (CCMP) led by Internews’ Earth Journalism Network is delighted to invite applications for Fellowship opportunities for journalists to attend the 23rd Conference of the Parties (COP 23) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in Bonn, Germany in mid-November 2017.
Formed in 2007 by Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN), Panos London and the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), the CCMP has brought developing country journalists to the annual UN climate summits since 2007. This has enabled them to cover the summit for their home media organizations, work with experienced and knowledgeable journalists from around the world, and gain a multifaceted understanding of climate change’s global impact. Numerous regional organizations also play a supporting role in the partnership. This year’s Fellowship program will be a partnership between EJN and the Stanley Foundation.
During COP 23, the Fellows will engage with fellow participants and EJN staff in a series of specially designed activities, including an orientation session, daily breakfast briefings, and possibly a field trip.
As part of the Fellowships, the CCMP will cover travel, lodging, and several group meals, and will reimburse for other meal and transport expenses, will help with the press accreditation process, and provide other support services. Please note that the process of obtaining a visa is a Fellow’s responsibility; however, visa costs can be reimbursed.
To be eligible for this Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be a professional journalist from or representing an established media house;
- Fill out the application form using the link below, including answering essay questions that illustrate his/her experience reporting on climate change issues and the kinds of stories you might pursue at the conference;
- Be available to travel to Bonn, Germany with arrival on Nov 10th and departure on Nov 18th;
- Commit to participate in all Fellowship activities;
- Provide a letter of support from an editor, producer or supervisor who can confirm your ability to publish or broadcast your material in an established media organization. Freelancers are welcome to apply, but must provide a letter of support.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Applications should be submitted online!
Application Deadline: July 21, 2017