E Governance Digital India Fellowship for International Students, 2017
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology invites applicants to apply for E Governance Digital India Fellowship programme. These fellowships are available for the applicants from all over the world to pursue research.
The aim of the fellowship is to give impetus to e Governance related research and studies across levels of policy and implementation through building the capacities of individuals
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is part of the Union Government of the Republic of India.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in e Governance related research and studies.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- The support granted to the Indian Fellow by MeitY will be as follows: travel expenses, lodging and meals and participation fees for seminars; travel expenses, and the stipend for practice phase to cover accommodation/meals/etc.
Numbers of Scholarships: Up to 25 fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Programme is specifically designed for government officials, implementers and Individuals interested in research in various areas of e-governance from eligible central / state government / government academic institutions in India who have 10+ years of professional experience in public administration / academic work and have already assumed initial managerial / academic responsibilities or are preparing for a position of leadership.
- Employee of central / state government/government academic institution
- Maximum age of 50
- Have at least 10 years of professional experience upon completing studies.
- Initial academic/managerial experience or prospects of assuming leadership responsibilities
- Be a post – graduate degree holder f. have a valid passport for one year (valid at least until June 2018)
- Have sound knowledge of national and international e-governance issues
- Have the ability and readiness to acquaint oneself with various different topics in a short period of time 5 e-governance Fellowship Programme
- Have ability and readiness to complete inter-disciplinary work in inter-departmental working groups
- Have proven ability and readiness to organize one’s own living arrangements in a new environment.
Nationality: Applicants from all over the world can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have post – graduate degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in reading / writing English
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Detailed CV in English (maximum 2 pages, pdf). Please upload a CV using the template in English. The CV should include a description of your relevant professional experience to date and a summary of your educational and academic background, such as, name of your home organization, job title, number of months/years spent in each position, description of your duties and responsibilities, details of the work you have carried out, etc.
- 3 letters of recommendation (to include one from current supervisor or senior associate at the workplace)
- Letter of consent from your employer (pdf). You are asked to upload a signed and stamped letter of consent from your superior officer or an authorised representative (in cases where the superior officer has not been granted powers of procuration on behalf of the institution) stating that you will be approved for the necessary leave of absence for the full – time period of the Fellowship Programme from beginning August, 2018 to end October, 2018, in case that you are accepted for the Fellowship Programme.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017.