Applications are currently ongoing for up to ten DRS HONORS Fellowships available students undertaking PhD program at Dahlem Research School. Eligible candidates should have submitted his or her dissertation at least six months before the deadline. A range of interesting benefits will be given to each of the successful applicants including a-monthly allowance amounting up to 1,750 Euros. To apply, the application packet must be submitted no later than 31 July each year.
The HONORS Program aims to support junior researchers in the transition to their first postdoctoral position or in developing their own research project for their first third-party funded research project. During the program, fellows receive extensive personalized support along with access to the DRS professional qualification programs, with the objective of aiding fellows in developing their own research project and obtaining longer-term funding or to apply for a postdoctoral position.
Each of the successful fellows will receive benefit of a monthly allowance amounting uo to 1,750 Euros.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral degree in any subject.
Place of Study
The study can be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Candidates may apply if they are members of one of the doctoral programs of Dahlem Research School and
- they have submitted their dissertation or defended their dissertation no longer than 6 months before the application deadline
- they completed their doctoral studies within 3.5 years (time between begin of studies and submission of dissertation). In exceptional circumstances a duration of up to 4.5 years may be accepted.
- their supervisor provides a reference letter in which the quality of the dissertation is evaluated
- they are supported by a professor of Freie Universität Berlin who agrees to act as scientific advisor during the time of the fellowship
- they have developed and propose an interdisciplinary and innovative research project
- In order to strengthen the academic networks of Freie Universität Berlin, collaborative research projects with existing or potential partner institutions are highly welcome.
There is no nationality restriction.
All eligible candidates are advised to visit the application link below to see the detail guidance of application procedure.
31 July on annual basis.
For questions regarding the DRS Fellowship Program please contact the DRS Fellowship Team at email@example.com