SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway Located in the city of Tromsø, Norway. The University of Tromsø is the largest research and educational institution in northern Norway. The University’s location makes it a natural venue for the development of studies of the region’s natural environment, culture, and society.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in subject available in the Department of Education at the University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway (UiT).
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- The appointment is a fixed term position for a period of four years.
Numbers of Scholarships: One fellowship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- The position requires a Master`s degree in pedagogy/educational science, philosophy, or a related discipline, or a foreign degree recognised as equivalent to a Norwegian Master`s degree.
- Proficiency in Norwegian and/or other Scandinavian language(s) is required.
- Personal suitability will be emphasized.
Nationality: Applicants of all around the world can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have Master`s degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have English language proficiency equivalent to the standards of Norwegian Higher Education Entrance.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Letter of application
- Project Please see further information concerning the template for project description
- CV (containing a complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional work)
- Diploma and transcript of records from Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Diploma and transcript of records from Master’s degree or equivalent
- Diploma supplement for other completed degrees
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- List of 2-3 academic referees, including contact details (name, relation to applicant, e-mail address and phone number)
- Master`s Thesis
- Other works (published or unpublished) which the applicant wishes to be taken into consideration during the assessment process and a description of these. The list of works should contain the following information:
- Author, title of work
- For articles: the name of the journal and volume, first and last page of the article, year of publication
- For book or other independent publications: publisher, place of print, year of publication, number of pages
- The project description should not exceed five pages. The description must cover theme, main objective and research questions, method and examples of central literature in the project. By appointment the project description will be further developed in close cooperation with the project’s supervisors.
- All documentation must be certified and translated into English or a Scandinavian language in order to be assessed.
- Information and material to be considered during the assessment must be submitted within the stipulated deadline.
- The applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. During this assessment process, emphasis will be attached to the applicant’s potential for research as shown by:
- Master’s Thesis or equivalent
- Other academic works, and
- Project description
- In addition, consideration may be given to work experience or other activities of significance for the implementation of the PhD research. This includes teaching education, teaching experience, and experience from public outreach and experience/education from other types of dissemination.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 18, 2017.