The Disney | ABC Television Group (DATG), Creative Talent Development & Inclusion’s (CTDI) are pleased to announce one of the most successful writer programs in the entertainment industry named as the Disney│ABC Writing Program. Eligibility for the program entails that applicants must be able to legally work in the United States and be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. The successful writers in the program will become an employees of Disney│ABC Television Group (DATG) and will be paid a weekly salary of $961.54 ($50,000 annualized) plus additional applicable benefits.
Disney | ABC Television Group (DATG) strives to entertain and inform viewers in a way that reflects the vast diversity of our world. Created in 1990 in partnership with the WGAW, the Disney | ABC Writing Program is based in Los Angeles and is widely recognized as one of the entertainment industry’s most coveted writing programs.
- To be eligible, an applicant must possess and present evidence of identity and United States employment eligibility (valid for the duration of the Program) as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, as amended.
- You must be at least twenty-one (21) by December 1, 2017, to apply to the Program.
- Employees of The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries
- Applicants must be able to legally work in the United States
- Entertainment industry experience is not required, but strongly recommended
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants can download and submit application through the given link: http://www.abctalentdevelopment.com/css/downloads/[First,%20Last%20Name]_2018_DisneyABC_Application.pdf
Submit a complete application package, which includes the following items:
- Original pilot script
- Spec script
- Release form including attached exhibit
- A covering the original pilot script and exhibit
- B covering the spec script with all areas completed
- Essay (no more than 750 words) – tell a story from your life experience that conveys your unique perspective and/or multi-cultural sensibility.
- Letters of recommendation (optional) may be addressed to “Disney-ABC Writing Program.”
The applicant must send their complete application package via email to ABC.CTDI-at-abc.com
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Writers become employees of Disney│ABC Television Group (DATG) and will be paid a weekly salary of $961.54 ($50,000 annualized) plus any applicable benefits for which they are eligible in accordance with the then-current Company benefits.
- The one-year program begins in February and ends in February of the following year.
Applications will be accepted May 1, 2017, through June 2, 2017. Applications will not be accepted prior to 12:00 a.m. PST on May 1, 2017, or after 11:59 p.m. PST on June 2, 2017.
Link for More Information: