Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is hosting a DFS Lab’s fintech bootcamp in South Asia (city to be determined), bringing together smart, dynamic people who are building innovative products, services and technologies for low-income consumers.
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa and Asia
To be taken at (Region): South Asia (city to be determined)
About the Award: Using the Design Sprint Methodology, a process of structured ideation and prototyping for answering critical business questions, entrepreneurs will go through a workshop to design, prototype and test new ideas. Rapid prototyping and UI/UX mockup support will be available on site. By creating quick prototypes for representative customers, you can get actual feedback and see if there’s a real potential for the solution you’ve created.
This high-intensity program provides you with the very best hands-on support and guidance from top flight mentors to help bring your idea to life.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, candidate must:
- Be passionate about solving problems faced by low-income consumers
- Believe they have what it takes
- Be small and nimble teams of world class entrepreneurs, engineers, product managers, or other brilliant people who want to build digital services for millions of users.
- have deep expertise in fintech, payments, or retail finance and a strong desire to work in developing countries.
- Dream of creating financial products that will serve the needs of billions of low income consumers in developing countries.
- have a founder or co-founder fill out the application.
- Teams must consist of two-persons who wish to launch a company or very early stage startups with less than USD $100K investment to date who wants to send two co-founders to our bootcamp.
- The startup’s vision should be to create an innovative new technology to address one of DFS Lab’s priority areas.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2017
Value and Duration of Program: The best ideas will receive grant funding of up to USD $100K and six months of additional support from the DFS Lab. The program runs for 5 days and includes flights, healthy meals, accommodation and fun!
Award Provider: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation