Applications are currently been accepted for the Darwin International Studentships in UK 2018, eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program
Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD research level at University of Birmingham.
Field(s): Studentships are provided in the area of microbial (preferably bacterial) molecular genetics.
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Scholarship covers: The School has several Darwin Studentships available to International Students or EU Students who are not citizens of the UK.
|Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Darwin Studentships are targeted for international Students or EU Students who are not citizens of the UK can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Darwin Studentships are awarded to International Students or EU Students who are not citizens of the UK.
- Applicants should posses, or expect to achieve, at least a good upper second class honours degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject. Evidence of previous research experience, for instance undergraduate project work, is desirable.
- Qualifications of a suitable standard from every country in the world are accepted for postgraduate entry.
- Students from different countries whose first language is not English will need to show that they have an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English with a formal English test result.
- Once registered for a PhD there is scope for further improvement in English via the University’s English for International Students Unit.
Scholarship Application Method
You can apply through the Biosciences PhD course page on our Course Finder.
‣ Applicants can apply through the Biosciences PhD course page on our Course Finder.
‣ Applicants using the University Standard Application form should state in the funding section of the application form that they would like to be considered for a Darwin Studentship.
‣ Late applications will be considered if all the studentships have not been allocated. In the application form, please reply to the question – “Which Study Programme do you wish to apply for?” with PhD Biosciences and to “For research degrees, give details of your proposed area of research” specify the supervisor(s) and project(s) in which you interested.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 January 2018
Biosciences Graduate Research School
(+44) 0121 414 5891
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.