Applications are invited from eligible candidates to pursue Masters and PhD study programs tenable at Mbarara University of Science and Technology under the DAAD In-Country / In-Region Scholarship scheme (East Africa) for the year 2017/2018. The University offers the following Masters and PhD Study programs:
- M.A in Development Studies
- M.A in Local Governance and Planning
- M.A in Conflict Analysis & Inclusive Development
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Information System
- Master of Science in Health Information Technology
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Education (Educational Administration and Planning)
- Master of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Master of Education (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Master of Science in Anatomy
- Master of Science in Physiology
- Master of Science in Pharmacology
- Masters of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Science in Microbiology
- Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
- Master of Nursing Science
- Master of Medicine in General Surgery
- Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine
- Master of Medicine in Paediatrics & Child Health
- Master of Medicine in Dermatology
- Master of Medicine in Anaesthesia
- Master of Medicine in Ophthalmology
- Master of Medicine in Obstetrics/Gynaecology
- Master of Medicine in Community Practice/Family Medicine
- Master of Medicine in ENT
- Master of Medicine in Radiology
- Master of Medicine in Pathology
- Master of Medicine in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Master of Medicine in Psychiatry
- Doctor of Philosophy in relevant fields.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Applicants for Masters programs should possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class Upper.
- Applicants for PhD programs should possess a Masters degree in a relevant field with at least above average results.
- For both Masters and PhD applicants, the relevant minimum degrees must have been obtained less than six years ago by the time of applying.
- Eligible programs / Study fields – All applications must be in the following study fields: Medicine, Sciences, Computer Science, Research and Management Sciences.
- Relevance to Development – PhD proposals, irrespective of the discipline, must demonstrate relevance to development.
- Duration and commencement – Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master) and three years (PhD) respectively. The scholarships will be initially granted for one year and may be extended up on individual request and receipt of a complete application by using the provided form.
- Equal opportunities – Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application Procedures and Deadline – Complete hard copy applications should be submitted to the following address:
Human Resource Department
Mbarara University of Science and Technology
P O Box 1410, MBARARA – UGANDA
Tel. 0777 831093 / 0700 332746
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed to apply for the DAAD Scholarships in the DAAD Portal https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal.
- PhD Proposals (for shortlisted applicants only) must be sent to DAAD via firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Proposal” in doc. format. This will be scanned for plagiarism by DAAD.
- Financial Administration of Scholarships – Depending on bilateral arrangements, the scholarship funds will either be paid out by the DAAD Regional Office Nairobi, the host institution, or the German Embassy in the host country.
- Attachments – the following document is hereto attached:
- Deadline – The deadline for submitting the completed applications is 15th February 2017. Late applications shall be rejected.
For further information, please contact Carlorine Nshemereirwe at the above submission address.