DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses-2017
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering scholarship opportunities in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2017
- All programmes
Scholarships are available for Masters degree level.
Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly recommended.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certifi cate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
Number of Awards:
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months
The mode of applying is online.