Last updated on April 13th, 2018 at 10:19 am
Applications are currently been accepted from scholars from developing countries for the DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries 2018
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a range of postgraduate courses at German universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from Developing Countries with further specialized studies. The DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries provide monthly installment of EUR 750.00. and also include the costs for health, accident and liability insurance in Germany and an adequate travelling allowance. At the end of the course recipients can obtain an internationally recognized Master’s or in some courses PhD degree.
|Study in: Germany
Host Institution: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
|Course Level: Postdoctoral (Masters, PhD)
Course Starts: annually September
Field of Study(s):
These international scholarships are offered for pursuing development-related postgraduate courses in the areas of:
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics, Development Co-operation,
- Engineering and related sciences,
- Regional Planning,
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences,
- Environmental Sciences,
- Public Health/Veterinary Medicine/Medicine,
- Social Science,
- Education & Law and
- Media Studies.
The DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries 2018 2019 are targeted to international students from developing country in:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Rep., Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Belarus.
- North Africa :
Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia. Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ivory Coast (Côte D’Ivoire), Djibouti, Eritrea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Kenya, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Zambia, Sâo Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Somalia, St. Helena, Sudan, South Africa, Southern Sudan (new), Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Chad, Uganda and Central African Republic.
- North and Central America:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Cuba, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Trinidad and Tobago.
- South America:
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Guyana, Columbia, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Near and Middle East:
Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian territories and Syria.
- South and Central Asia:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tadzhikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- East Asia:
China, Indonesia, Cambodia, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, East Timor and Vietnam.
Cooki Oslands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna.
Applicants can apply for this DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries if they:
- Age limit: 36 years of age at the time of application (for some courses 32 years). For some courses, Bachelor degree should have been completed not longer than 6 years at the time of application. Concerning this matter, please directly contact the coordinator of the respective study program.
- Degree: Bachelor or Master
- GPA: min 2,75 for Master candidates and 3,00 for Doctoral candidates (some study programs applied GPA more than 2,75. Please see the detail on the website of each study program) .
- Work experience: at least two years after completing Bachelor degree.
- Language skill:
- For postgraduate courses held in English request an international TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based) or IELTS (band 6). Some courses may expect a different level. For detailed information see the website of the relevant course.
- For postgraduate courses held in German: please see the details on the course list. Certain level of German language exam may be required before admission to the course.
What does it cover:
These international scholarships provide monthly installment of EUR 750.00. and also include the costs for health, accident and liability insurance in Germany and an adequate travelling allowance.
Furthermore, the DAAD pays an annual research grant. However, the universities might charge additional fess not covered by the scholarship (e.g., enrolment fee, semester ticket, etc.).
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted online to German Embassy. The application form can be downloaded from the link below. Applicants must complete these required documents (in the following order):
- DAAD application form
- hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form
- hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
- research exposé (if required by university)
- academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- Proof of language abilities: English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted); German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
- copies of awarded academic degrees
- copies of academic transcripts
- copy of School Leaving Certificate
Please pay attention, the general closing dates for applications are as follows:
- 31 July (annually) DAAD Regional Office, DAAD-Information Centre or German Embassy or
- 31 August (annually) DAAD Bonn or
- 15 October (annually) University (Please check date. Deadlines differ from university to university.
The selection process generally takes place at the universities in the period from November to February.
CLOSING DATE: 31 July, 31 August, 15 October (annually)
Please check the official website -link below- for the deadlines differ from university to university
Source & further information on DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries