DAAD is offering scholarships to citizens in Sub-Saharan African countries to pursue MSc studies in Electrical Engineering for Railway Systems at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT) for the academic year 2017/2018.
In-Country/In-Region postgraduate Scholarship Program at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology aims at the development of academically trained Railway specialists who could contribute towards the capacity building of East-Africa.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Electrical Engineering for Railway Systems. Applications may come from Engineering subject areas with strong relevance in Electrical Engineering including Electronic, Communication, Control, Power, and Instrumentation Engineering, or related fields.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master).The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application by using the provided form. The application for renewal has to be submitted at least one month before the scholarship period expires.
Scholarship can be taken in the Ethiopia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Applicants have to:-
- Have completed their last degree less than six years ago at the time of application
- Be Citizens of Sub-Saharan countries
- Have Bachelor’s degree qualification with at least a CGPA of 3.25/4.00 for males and 3.00/4.00 for females (Countries which uses another grading should be converted to 4.00)
In addition, the applicant must fulfil the following to be considered for admission:
- The applicant must have a B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields from an accredited institution at least a CGPA of 3.25/4.00 for males and 2.75/4.00 for females (Countries which uses another grading should be converted to 4.00).
- The applicant should write a personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate`s interest to join the program.
- The scholar should have two letters of recommendations of advisors/ supervisors from previous educational institutions.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups, as well as candidates with disabilities, are especially encouraged to apply.
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups, as well as candidates with disabilities, are especially encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Students from Sub-Saharan Africa( Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The applicant must have a B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields from an accredited institution at least a CGPA of 3.25/4.00 for males and 2.75/4.00 for females (Countries which uses another grading
should be converted to 4.00).
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The applicants should submit their document through the following email addresses birhanu.beshah-at-aait.edu.et or birhanu.reesom-at-aait.edu.et. Applicants who meet all requirements will be selected and awarded the scholarship according to their academic status. The application will only be complete if the following documents are submitted together with the proper and accurate filled in and signed application form:
- Filled and signed DAAD Application Form for In-Country/In-Region Scholarships (link to DAAD application form)
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- A signed copy of DAAD Information Sheet for Students (link to DAAD information sheet form)
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts (for Ethiopians, those who have university transcripts)
- Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages)
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy)
- All the above documents should be scanned in PDF in one document. Applicants who submitted separately will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is February 10, 2017.