Last updated on April 16th, 2018 at 08:28 pm
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is inviting applications for Information and Communication Technologies for Agriculture Internship opportunities in the Netherlands. National of one of the ACP or EU States are eligible to apply for this internship programme. The duration of internship is 6 months (renewable once).
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture.
CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
Field of Internship:
Internship Information and Communication Technologies for Agriculture.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA)
Internship can be taken in
Wageningen, the Netherlands
• Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
• National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in agriculture, information and communication or other discipline relevant to the duties to perform.
• Experience in online network animation and knowledge of key ICT4D issues.
• Experience in project management is a plus.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language.
• Keen interest in agricultural and rural development issues in developing countries is an advantage.
Internship Open for International Students:
National of one of the ACP or EU States are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship?
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for holder of a Master’s degree).
• Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
• Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email address: intern7-at-cta.int.
Applications should include:
• A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well;
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
• A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
• Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Internship Application Deadline: Stay tuned as we shall update you on this soon