Commonwealth Scholarships Application 2017/2018
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) awards over 900 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year.
The CSC aims to contribute to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, support excellence in UK higher education, and sustain the principles of the Commonwealth. Candidates are selected on the basis of merit and their potential to contribute to the needs of their home countries.
Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships in the UK are funded by the Department for International Development (for developing Commonwealth countries), and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and the Scottish Government (for developed Commonwealth countries), in conjunction with UK universities.
this post categorized the commonwealth scholarships into various sections. Please check the detail to ascertain where your country falls. Good Luck
Procedures to Apply
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
- Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD or split-site PhD study at a UK university
If you are a citizen of Singapore, you can apply for:
- Singapore Commonwealth Fellowships in Innovation at a UK organisation
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study at a UK university
- Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships for PhD candidates to spend up to 12 months in the UK as part of their doctoral studies
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Master’s study, for students from developing countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK, jointly supported by UK universities
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Master’s study, for students from developing countries to study UK degree courses while living in their home countries
- Commonwealth Academic Fellowships for early career academics from developing countries to conduct research and network
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships for mid-career professionals from developing countries to spend time at a UK organisation
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships for mid-career medical staff from developing countries to enhance their clinical skills
If you are a citizen of the Falkland Islands, St Helena or the Seychelles, you can apply for:
- Commonwealth Scholarships for undergraduate study at a UK university
If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, you can apply for
For Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships in countries other than the UK, find out more about the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.