The Cleveland Foundation is inviting applications for scholarships from graduating high school seniors. The eligible student must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen and be attending an accredited educational institution.
The Cleveland Foundation was the world’s first community foundation. As of December 2011, it is America’s fourth-largest community foundation, with assets of $1.62 billion and annual grants of around $84 million.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Award: The amount of every scholarship is different.
Number of Scholarships: There are 64 scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen*
- Must be attending an accredited educational institution
- Must have a minimum grade-point-average of 2.0 or equivalent GED score (Some scholarships require a higher GPA requirement for eligibility)
While not a Universal requirement, many of our scholarships require residence within Cuyahoga, Lake, or Geauga Counties. Applicants must not be a relative of a member of the Cleveland Foundation staff or the foundation’s Board of Directors.
Nationality: Students from USA are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A minimum grade-point-average (GPA) of 2.0 or GED score of 2.89 is required. Some scholarships specify a higher GPA for consideration.
How to Apply: Application Methods
- Refer to Scholarship Listings page to view all available scholarships and their required application method.
- General Application – using Scholarship Gateway, apply with one application and be considered for multiple scholarships.
- Corporate/Group Application – using our Scholarship Gateway, apply for a new scholarship through your affiliated corporation or special group.
- External Application – contact the affiliated school or organization.
Renewal – Some Scholarships are renewable provided the student has met the requirements for continued support (See scholarship details). To renew a current scholarship for the next academic year, complete and return the Renewal/Verification form and requirements by April 1, 2017.
All requirements must be uploaded to your application by the Application Deadline. Online instructions will be provided for uploading your requirements.
- Completed Online Application form
- Current Transcript from your school
- Essay/Personal Statement
- (2) Letters of Recommendation
- FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Letter of Acceptance from the School you plan to attend – if available
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March Annually