Offers will soon be up for the China Scholarship Council – University of Melbourne PhD Scholarship 2018. The Scholarships is designed for mainland Chinese citizen Studying in The University of Melbourne. Other Eligibility Criteria are below.
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) – University of Melbourne PhD Scholarship was established to promote international collaboration and is awarded to mainland Chinese citizens wishing to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree at the University of Melbourne.
Eligible Level: PhD
The University of Melbourne will provide:
- a full tuition fee scholarship for a PhD for up to four years; and
- a supplementary living allowance of around $6,000 per year (pro rata) for up to 30 successful students
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) will provide:
- a living allowance of approximately $20,400 per year (2017 rate) including Overseas Student Health Cover,
- a return airfare between China and Melbourne by the most economical route; and
- visa application fees
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- be a mainland Chinese citizen, and
- have received an offer a place in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) course at the University of Melbourne. This requires completion of at least a four-year undergraduate degree, with the equivalent of a minimum overall average grade of H2A (or 75%) achieved at the University of Melbourne with a significant research component. Applicants are also required to meet minimum English language requirements. More details can be found at the University’s website
There is a two stage application process. The first stage involves you applying on-line to the University for entry to the PhD. The second stage involves those applicants who receive an offer of a PhD place (and a tuition fee scholarship offer) then applying formally to the CSC for the living allowance portion of the scholarship. The University’s PhD place offer and the tuition fee scholarship offer will need to be included with the CSC application.
Applying to the University of Melbourne for entry to the PhD
You must submit an online application for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) course you wish to apply for by the closing date. Under the Financial Support Requirement of the application, indicate that you have applied for, or plan to apply for, a Chinese Scholarship Council scholarship.
Once you have submitted your PhD application, you will automatically considered for the CSC – University of Melbourne PhD Scholarship.
The University of Melbourne aims to notify applicants of the outcome of their applications within four weeks of receiving the application. For more information about the application process please refer to the Graduate Research brochure.
Applying to the CSC
If you receive an offer of a PhD place from the University and also an offer of a tuition fee scholarship from the University as part of the China Scholarship Council – University of Melbourne PhD Scholarship, you will need to apply separately to the CSC for the living allowance benefit of the scholarship as follows:
- Seek approval to submit a scholarship application to the CSC from either your university in China, or from the nearest Consulate of the People’s Republic of China if you are currently living outside the Chinese mainland.
- Apply to the CSC for a living allowance scholarship to support you while undertaking the PhD at the University of Melbourne. You should follow the CSC guidelines and apply for the living allowance scholarship through the Agreements Channel. The CSC application period opens on 20 March 2018 and closes on 5 April 2018.
For further information, visit the CSC website.
Deadline: Opens: 2 October 2017 Closes: 26 January 2018