Chevening UK Scholarships for Citizens of Angola, Sao Tome and Principe
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year master’s at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK
- Human rights, democracy and good governance (including rule of law and creating an open and transparent society)
- Economics and financial management
- Public administration and local governance
- Low carbon economies and Energy
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
Applications for 2018/2019 Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowships will open at 12:00pm BST (midday UK time) on 7 August 2017.