SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada is a scholarship program designed for faculty and non-teaching staff of Philippine Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
This program will bring twenty (20) Filipino scholars to Canada to pursue further studies at Canadian institutions during 2017-18 academic year. Interested applicants can apply for a PhD Sandwich program with the degree granted by an institution in the Philippines.
The program is entirely funded by the Philippine Commission on Higher Education (CHED), which has entrusted the management of the program to the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE).
The objective of the CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada is to prepare these scholars for academic positions, educational leadership, research, policy formulation and teacher training in the Philippines upon completion of the program.
The scholars are expected to return to the Philippines and implement meaningful programs in relation to their acquired knowledge and skills from their study in Canada for the development of their respective HEIs.
Candidates for the scholarship shall possess the following in order to be eligible to avail the scholarship grant:
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree (for applicants to master’s degree programs) or a master’s degree (for applicants to doctoral degree programs) relevant to the graduate degree being sought;
- Demonstrate strong academic record;
- Be in good health and of good moral character;
- Have no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law; and
- Fulfill all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, including a return service obligation.
Second intake of applications is now open for studies/research starting January 2018
Interested faculty and staff shall email CHEDScholarshipsCanada@cbie.ca following the recommended Subject format: APPLICATION_LastName,FirstName_CHEDCBIE
You will need to submit the following application documents by e-mail:
- CHED Application Form (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
- Transcript of Records
- Statement of Intended PhD Research/Master’s Study in Canada
- Curriculum Vitae (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
- Statement of Purpose (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
- One Letter of Endorsement (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
- Re-entry Action Plan (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
Upon submission of your application documents, you will be given a link through an email to accomplish an Online Application Form. Upon completion of the Online Application Form, you will be notified of the receipt and status of your application to the CBIE-CHED Scholarship for Graduates Studies in Canada.
Interested faculty and staff are given until 5:00 PM (GMT+8) of September 30, 2017 to accomplish the requirements needed for the application.
*The Return Service Agreement (RSA) can be submitted on a later date. However, the status of your application will remain as “provisional” until you have submitted to CHEDScholarshipsCanada@cbie.ca your signed and notarized RSA.
For More Information: