SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Entres are now been submitted for the Charles Bullard Forest Research Fellowship at Harvard University 2018/2019, eligible persons are by this notice invited to hurry and sbmit thier applications for this program before the deadline.
The Charles Bullard fellowship program supports advanced research and study by individuals who show promise of making an important contribution, either as scholars or administrators, to forestry and forest-related subjects including biology, earth sciences, economics, politics, administration, philosophy, humanities, the arts, or law.
Level: Fellowship is awarded to pursue research programme.
Field(s): Fellowship is available in Forest Research. Research areas include, for example, forest ecology, tree physiology, forest soils, forest resource management, conservation and biodiversity issues, environmental policy, industrial ecological issues and management processes, forest land planning and public policy.
Scholarship covers: The Fellowships carry stipends up to $40,000 or more if necessary; the amount of each award depends on the professional status and needs of the recipient and the duration of the Fellowship. Fellows have the option of having the award paid either to themselves or to the Fellow’s employer. In most cases, the stipend will supplement income received for devoting a period to research, e.g., sabbatical leave pay for an individual in academic life, appointments with federal support for training of individuals in federal public service, or educational leave with pay for individuals in the private sector.
School(Institutions/ Country): Harvard University | USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Charles Bullard Forest Research Fellowship is targeted for US and international applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Charles Bullard Forest Research Fellowship is generally awarded to individuals in mid-career who have established themselves in academia, public service, or in the private sector.
- For those in academic careers, preference is ordinarily given to holders of doctoral degrees, but others whose projects show promise of important contributions to forestry and forest studies, broadly defined, will be considered in terms of the likelihood that study and research at Harvard will help fulfill this promise.
- Judgments of the Committee are based primarily on the quality of the applicant’s professional accomplishments, academic record, and potential benefits from interaction with the Harvard community and its institutional resources.
- Please note: This is not a post-doctoral program; recent PhD graduates are generally not appropriate candidates for a Bullard Fellowship.
Scholarship Application Method
The ONLINE APPLICATION requires:
- Personal Data Sheet; Note: The site is a secured site.
- Letters of recommendations from 3 Referees providing a perspective of the applicant’s proposed program and his/her personal and professional qualifications for carrying it out. Applicants will need to provide the 3 referees’ names and contact information on-line.
PLEASE NOTE: The FIRST TIME you have entered a referee’s email address and press either SAVE OR SUBMIT your application, an email will be automatically sent to the referee with instructions on how to submit the reference on-line. While applicants are welcome to wait to submit their applications until Jan. 1st, it is strongly recommended that an initial application with the 3 referees’ email addresses be SAVED as soon as possible to allow the referee time to complete his or her part by Jan. 18th, the deadline for reference submissions.
- A statement describing the applicant’s professional career to date, proposing a research program at Harvard and evaluating this program in terms of its potential contribution to the applicant’s future professional career (5 page maximum is requested).
- Financial support requested from the Bullard Fund; other support expected, including sabbatical year pay, other educational leave with pay, and research support. Express in U.S. dollars.
- 2 page CV including
- Colleges and universities; dates of attendance and degrees received
- Professional positions held since graduating college
- Academic prizes and honors, if any
- List of up to 10 most significant books, articles, reports, etc.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Applications must be completed by January 15th at 5 pm EST. Referee statements are accepted until January 18th. Successful candidates are notified around March 1st. Fellowships may begin after September 1 of any given year.
For additional information: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.