The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Program
The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Program is inviting you to apply for the 2018 Rangel International Affairs Graduate Fellowship Program. The Rangel Program offers graduate fellowships is open to outstanding seniors and college graduates who want to join the Foreign Service. The fellowship program is competitive and seeks applicants with a strong academic background, a commitment to service, and an interest in making a difference in the world around them. Fellowship program awards 30 fellowships of up to $37,500 annually for a two year period for tuition, room, board, books, and mandatory fees.
The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Program is a U.S. Department of State program, administered by Howard University, that attracts and prepares young people for careers in international service. Announced in 2002 by Secretary of State Colin Powell, Congressman Charles B. Rangel and Howard University President H. Patrick Swygert, its goals are to promote greater diversity and excellence in the Foreign Service of the U.S. Department of State.
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must:
- Must be seeking admission to enter graduate school in the fall of 2017 for a two-year program at a U.S. university in an area of relevance to the Foreign Service. They can be in their senior year of their undergraduate studies, graduating by June 2017, or they can be college graduates.
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of application.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizen.
How to Apply:
Applicants can complete the online application process through the given link: https://www.rangelprogram.org/apply/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Rangel Program plans to award 30 fellowships of up to $37,500 annually for a two year period for tuition, room, board, books and mandatory fees for completion of two-year master’s degrees.
- This includes up to $21,500 per year for tuition and mandatory fees and an academic year stipend of $16,000.
- Each Fellow will receive mentoring from a Foreign Service Officer throughout the duration of the fellowship.
Application deadline of the scholarship program is September 21, 2017.
Link for More Information: