Central Sector Scholarship
The Department of Higher Education is going to introduce innovative scheme name as Central Sector Scholarship for meritorious students who belong rural area and not have enough funds for further education. Education department is providing 82000 CSSS Scheme to the talented candidates out of which 41000 is for girls whereas 41000 for boys. Enthusiastic candidates must fill the online application form through official website before the last date. To know more about the CSSS Scholarship Scheme, individuals need to take an overview of entire page.
|CSS Eligibility Criteria||Objective and Scope of Central Sector Scholarship|
|Central Sector Scholarship Renewal||Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Details|
|How to fill Central Sector Scholarship Online Registration Form||Required Documents|
|CSSS Scheme Selection Process||CSS Scholarship Disbursements & Beneficiary Year Wise|
|Important Note regarding Central Sector Scholarship Renewal Scheme||Official Link|
Eligible contenders will obtain the benefit of this scholarship programme on the basis of marks scored in Class 12. It is informed to aspirants that there is no separate scholarship exam will be conducted for giving the scholarship. Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2017-2018 for college & university is provided to the 12 meritorious aspirants whose family income is low as well as they can’t afford higher education. The team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com is well furnished this page, so have a glance on beneath segment and avail all the vital details regarding CSSS Scholarship 2017.
Central Sector Scholarship
Objective of Central Sector Scholarship Scheme:
- The main objective of Central Sector Scholarship Scheme is to provide financial assistance to those students who are economically weak and cannot afford higher studies according to their interest, qualification and capabilities.
- To help meritorious students from low income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Scope of CSSS Scheme:
- All the candidates must know that the scholarships will be awarded to eligible students on the basis of the results of senior secondary examination.
- 82000 fresh scholarships per annum [41000 for boys and 41000 for girls] will be awarded for graduate / postgraduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
Central Sector Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must be an Indian citizen belonging to non-creamy layer.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria (Academic Qualification):
Those candidate who have passed the class 12 examination (Senior Secondary Certificate Examination 2016) conducted by CBSE, ISC or any of the state boards of India are eligible to participate for Central Sector Scholarship.
- Students must secure the following minimum total aggregate marks in the stream chooses by them.
- Select Your Board and Type your roll number to check whether you are eligible for the Central Sector Scholarship.
- In an undergraduate regular course in any recognized Indian university/institution, candidate must have taken admission.
Family Annual Income:
- The total annual income of candidate’s parents must not exceed Rs. 6 lakhs per annum. (Earlier the ceiling was Rs. 4.5 lakhs)
- Candidate should not be availing any other scholarship and must not belong to creamy layer and.
- Applying students should be pursuing a regular course and not through correspondence or distance learning
How to Apply for Central Sector Scholarship Online Application Form?
- In the very first step you need to visit the official site, which is www.scholarships.gov.in
- After visiting the home page of official website hit on “More” link.
- Then follow “CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIPS FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS” link and press on “Guidelines” and read complete instructions.
- After reading relevant details choose suitable link to apply online.
- Now Fill Central Sector Scholarship
- Application Form application form correctly and upload documents if required.
- Then take hard copy of the Central Sector Scholarship Online Form.
- Print out of the application along with all the relevant documents, which are mentioned in the below passage should be submitted at the address given below.
Central Sector Scholarship Reward
Central Sector Scholarship will be distributed in the following ratio that is 3:2:1 among the pass outs of science, commerce, and humanities in the following manner:
- The rate of scholarship would be Rs. 1000/- per month at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs. 2000/ per month at Post- Graduation level for next two years.
- Students pursuing professional courses would get Rs.2000/- per month in the 4th and 5th year.
- The scholarship would be paid to candidates for 10 months in an academic year.
|Course||Amount||Duration||Amount to be disbursed|
|Graduation||Rs. 1000 per month||3 years||Lump sum amount of Rs.10, 000 to be disbursed at the end of each academic year.|
|Post-Graduation||Rs. 2000 per month||2 years||Lump sum amount of Rs.20, 000 to be disbursed at the end of each academic year.|
Mode of disbursal of Central Sector Scholarship
- Candidates will get the Central Sector Scholarship Amount in their bank account through Electronic Clearing System (ECS) mode.
- Candidates have to open their bank account in any nationalized bank/commercial bank having ECS facility to receive the amount of scholarship.
- Candidates have to provide their correct bank account no., bank name, bank detailed address and the correct RTGS/NEFT branch code (11 digits alphanumeric code) of the bank.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Details: Download PDF
Renewal of Central Sector Scholarship
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal Scheme (Marks):
- Students have to fill an online renewal form to renew their scholarship.
- When the candidate have passed with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in all the subjects in 2-semester examination or annual examinations, the scholarship will be renewed.
All the applying candidates should also have to achieve the target of 75% attendance while avoiding punishable activities because if in any case scholarship is cancelled, it will not be renewed.
Documents to be enclosed with the Central Sector Scholarship Application Form
- Duly signed online generated Application form (write online registration no. on its top).
- Under Graduate Course joining report duly signed and stamped by the head of the institution from where the course is being pursued.
- Original copy of parents income affidavit which should be either in Hindi or English in the prescribed format on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- duly sworn in before Notary Public/First class Executive Magistrate/Revenue Officer (write online registration no. on its top).
- One cancelled cheque of personal/saving account or photocopy of the front page of bank passbook (which is used for scholarship) bearing account number and NEFT/RTGS code.
- A hard copy of online application signed by the applicant.
- A copy of Mark sheet of Sr. School Certificate Exam – 2016 (write online registration no. on the top of mark sheet).
- A copy of Caste Certificate, if applicable (write online registration no. on its top).
- Income Tax Returns/Form-16 of both the Parents (of the year ending March 2016) issued by the employer should be attached along with the affidavit wherever applicable).
Central Sector Scholarship Selection Process
- Within 5 weeks of class 12th result declaration all the state boards, Central Board of Secondary Education & ICSE draw up a merit list of potential candidates for the scholarship on the basis of the marks obtained by candidates in their respective board examinations.
- The concerned authorities will write to the eligible students to confirm within 15 days whether they are willing to accept the scholarship.
- Within 30 days for the scholarship, only those candidates who show eagerness will be considered for the Central Sector scholarship. The shortlisted candidates will get the following documents:
- Entitlement Card
- Income Affidavit Form
- A form for ‘Statement of Particulars’
- All these documents are to be completely filled by the candidate and deposited to the Head of the Institution where he/she has taken admission.
- From where these documents will be forwarded to respective boards.
CSS Scholarship Disbursements & Beneficiary Year Wise
The scholarships are awarded to the applying candidates on the basis of the results of Senior Secondary Examination. Total number of scholarships has been divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the State’s population in the age group of 18 years to 25 years.
|NUMBER OF BENEFICIARIES UNDER THE CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY STUDENTS|
|State / Board||2011-12
(Fresh + Renewals)
(Fresh + Renewals)
(Fresh + Renewals)
Central Board of Secondary Education- CBSE (Head Office)
“Shiksha Kendra”,2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110 092
Faster and greater news about Central Sector Scholarship 2017 – 2018 will be given in our site. Go through this Official Link to get complete details related to Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Application.