The Center for Cyber Safety and Education inviting applications for graduate scholarships to students who are the focus on cyber security or information assurance. Citizen of any country (US citizenship not required) is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Center for Cyber Safety and Education (Center), formerly (ISC) ² Foundation, is a non-profit charitable trust committed to making the cyber world a safer place for everyone. We work to ensure that people across the globe have a positive and safe experience online through our educational programs, scholarships, and research.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue the graduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to students who are the focus on cyber security or information assurance.
Scholarship Award: Graduate applicants may be awarded up to US$5,000 each.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cyber security or information assurance.
- Must be eligible to begin the first or second year of a Master’s Degree program or pursue doctoral studies
- GPA must be at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale)
- Note: If you have just been accepted to Graduate School, or are just beginning classes, you will use the final cumulative GPA from your undergraduate degree transcript to meet this criterion
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- Maybe attending on campus or online
- Maybe attending full time or part time
- Maybe attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however, no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
- If awarded: the award will be sent to the school with instructions that it is applied to tuition, fees and books.
Nationality: Citizen of any country (US citizenship not required) is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cyber security or information assurance.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to apply:
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than two pages and should be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
NOTE: Not all applicants will receive a scholarship. Scholarships are a one-time award and must be re-applied for each year in order to be considered for another scholarship. No Scholarship awards will be paid until July 2017.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 4, 2017.