Canon Collins Trust is delighted to call for applications from Africans for the Canon Collins Trust Masters Scholarships for Africans 2018/2019 – UK, applicants must be Africans as stated and must also ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria as stated.
About the Award: Canon Collins Trust Scholarships Programme aim to help build the human resources necessary for economic, social and cultural development in the southern African region and to develop an educated and skilled workforce that can benefit the wider community. Canon Collins Trust scholarship holders are thus expected to use the knowledge, training and skills acquired through their studies to contribute positively to the development of their home country.
Scholarships fall under several different schemes, with some administered in partnership with the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office and UK universities.
Over the past 30 years the Trust has supported over 3,000 inspirational individuals who are now making their contributions through governments, NGOs, business and universities.
Full tuition fees, a monthly stipend, a return economy flight, a settling-in allowance and other support whilst in the UK.
Eligible African Countries:
Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
To be taken at:
the following UK Universities;
- School of Oriental and African Studies
- University of Sussex
- University of Edinburgh
Who is qualified to apply? To apply for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- Be a national of, or have refugee status, in one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Be normally resident in southern Africa
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be applying for a full-time one-year taught masters course at one of the above named universities.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field
How to Apply:
Applicants can access the application forms and guidelines on the webpage. Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
18th March 2018
Important Notes: These scholarships are for Masters Study in any subject field. Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at one of the above universities. At the time of applying for a scholarship applicants are expected to apply independently to the universities of their choice.