Canon Collins Trust is delighted to invite application for the Canon Collins Scholarships 2018 for postgraduate studies in South Africa.
Canon Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2015 the Trust revised its South African scholarship awards policy. For the next 3 years we will be offering scholarships only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Applications for courses that are not within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences, applied sciences) will be rejected.
In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
- In 2018 most awards will be valued at R70,000 for each year of study at Masters and PhD level. In exceptional cases we may offer up to R100,000 per year.
Canon Collins Trust support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
Canon Collins Trust also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year.
Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for these named scholarships:
- Ros Moger and Terry Furlong
- Patrick and Janet Stuart
- Lionel Cliffe
- VC Scholarship at Fort Hare
- Sol Plaatje Canon Collins Scholarships
Application Deadline: Monday 21 August 2017.
For More Information: