Applications are currently been accepted for the 2017 Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowships for Canadian and Foreign Students in Canada, and applications can be done at anytime . The Mitacs-Accelerate is making offers available for PhD fellowships for Canadian and foreign students. Fellowship is awarded for PhD students enrolled at a Mitacs full or associate partner university. The fellow/Applicant will receive funding for 3 years and the opportunity to apply their specialized expertise and skills to diverse research challenges. Applicants will meet with their academic supervisor and partner supervisor at the beginning of the fellowship to agree on the research plan.
|School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Projects can span a wide range of areas, including manufacturing, technical innovation, business processes, IT, social sciences, design and more.
Funded By: The Mitacs-Accelerate
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowships are targeted for Canadian and foreign students.
‣ Award No: There are no pre-set limits to the number of awards available. The Mitacs Research Council will decide the number of fellowship awards at the time of review, dependent upon quality of submissions and available funding in each province.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These PhD fellowships are awarded for three years.
‣ Scholarship covers:
‣ The Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowships offer PhD students 3 years of funding and the opportunity to apply their specialized expertise to various research challenges. Students from over 50 Canadian universities work closely with a partner organization and faculty supervisor using the latest tools and techniques available to them in both academic and industrial settings.
‣ The Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowship is accepting applications from all disciplines and sectors.
‣ Projects can span a wide range of areas, including manufacturing, technical innovation, business processes, IT, social sciences, design, and more.
To be eligible to receive a Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowships, applicants must:
‣ Must be a PhD student enrolled at a degree-granting, Canadian University that is eligible to hold tri-council funds;
‣ can be a Canadian citizen, foreign student or permanent resident;
‣ will meet with their academic supervisor and partner supervisor at the beginning of the fellowship to agree on the research plan;
‣ will undertake a research project that has the potential to lead to or supplement their thesis;
‣ shall remain a student of their university and shall not be an employee of the partner organization throughout the entirety of the fellowship;
‣ must commit to completing all 3 years of the fellowship; -has not already received a previous Mitacs Accelerate award at the PhD level.
Scholarship Application Method
||‣ Complete proposals are to be submitted via email to: accelerate(at)mitacs.ca.
‣ A Mitacs Accelerate PhD fellowship application consists of the following documents: -The completed Mitacs proposal.
‣ Proposals should be written in plain language but should also include relevant technical detail. Mitacs requests that proposals be submitted for this opportunity as a saved PDF.
‣ The memorandum signed by all partners (the intern, academic supervisor, partner supervisor and a representative from the Office of Research Services).
‣ The memorandum must be submitted as a scanned PDF or other image document.
‣ A current CV of the proposed intern (CV template is available for download from the Mitacs website).
‣ Conflict of Interest Declaration form if applicable. If you believe you have a Conflict of Interest to declare, please contact Mitacs at accelerate-at-mitacs.ca prior to finalizing the proposal.
‣ Supporting documents, if applicable. Additional documents may be required to support the proposal application. The proposal template outlines when these documents are needed.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date:
- Apply anytime
- Six- to eight-week peer review
- Master’s students can do up to two four-month internships and PhD students can do up to six
- Internships start at four months
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.