The University of Ontario invites applicants to offically apply for Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee (QES) Scholarship Program. The program provides the scholarship of $6,000 for an exchange with a UOIT partner university in a Commonwealth country.
The QES is managed through a unique partnership of Universities Canada, the Rideau Hall Foundation (RHF), Community Foundations of Canada (CFC) and Canadian universities. The aim of QES programme is to provide opportunities for graduate students to gain an international experience as a part of their studies at UOIT.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology(UOIT) is a public research university located in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing research exchange programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship award is $6000.
Scholarship can be taken in the Canada
Eligibility: Applicants for the QES program must
- Be registered in a graduate program
- Be 35 years of age or under at time of their application
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Study or conduct research on a full-time basis at the partner institution
- Be in good standing and meet any requirements set by the student’s faculty
Nationality: Students from Canada are eligible for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply: A complete application package must be submitted via email. Interested candidates must prepare and submit the following documentation:
- Letter of intent by the candidate, outlining the proposed research exchange, including objectives of the research, relevance to thesis, and expected benefits of the exchange. Please include the host researcher’s name, institution and country; expected dates of travel; and name of the research project.
- Letter of support from a UOIT faculty member, ideally, but not necessarily, from a supervisor* outlining the proposed research exchange, its connection to the academic program and research efforts of the student, and any previous collaboration with the proposed host researcher in the Commonwealth country.
- Letter of support from a host researcher/faculty member at the host institution, confirming an ability to host the student for research during the expected travel dates.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 13, 2017.