SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Campus Compact is pleased to announce the offer of the prestigious Newman Civic Fellowship to honour the leadership legacy of Frank Newman by recognizing community-committed students. The Newman Civic Fellowship recognizes and supports community-committed students who have demonstrated an investment in finding solutions for challenges facing communities throughout the country. The fellowship experience is a one-year experience in which fellows have access to in-person and virtual learning opportunities, networking events, and local mentors. A minimum of $1000 scholarship will be given to the winning candidates.
Campus Compact was founded in 1985. Campus Compact advances the public purposes of colleges and universities by deepening their ability to improve community life and to educate students for civic and social responsibility
- Nominee must be currently enrolled at a Campus Compact member institution
- Nominee must be nominated by the president or chancellor of their institution
- Each institution may nominate only one student
- For institutions with both undergraduate and graduate programs, presidents and chancellors are encouraged to recommend the most deserving student, with preference given to undergraduate students
- In keeping with Frank Newman’s passion for educational access, we encourage presidents and chancellors to give preference to students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in higher education
- Nominee must have at least one year of their education remaining (either at their current institution or at a different one)
- Nominees must commit to providing a short reflection piece (video, article, or letter format) to Campus Compact during their fellowship year
- Nominee’s institution must commit to helping the nominee identify a local mentor for the duration of the fellowship
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship, the candidate are required to complete the online nomination form through the given link: https://campuscompact.formstack.com/forms/newman_civic_fellows_2017_nomination_form
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Newman Civic Fellows also receive:
- National recognition through Campus Compact website and media
- A guaranteed minimum $1000 scholarship from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute to participate in their Leadership and the American Residency program (conditional on admittance into the program)
- Opportunity to apply for Newman’s Own Foundation Fellowship
Nominations will be due by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, March 3, 2017.
Link for More Information: