the California Association of Realtors Scholarship Foundation is delighted to offer the C.A.R. Scholarship. The scholarship program is designed for students enrolled at a California College or University pursuing a degree for professions which are centered on or support a career in real estate transactional activity. Foundation is intended to provide scholarships to help students whose intelligence, qualities of leadership and encourage people going into the real estate business to obtain a quality real estate education. Foundation awarded up to $4,000 for students enrolled in four-year colleges/universities and $2,000 for students enrolled in two-year colleges.
The C.A.R. Scholarship Foundation is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization and may receive tax-deductible donations. The California Association of REALTORS® Scholarship Foundation was established in 1948. The foundation, which was originally called the Glenn D. Willaman Real Estate Foundation, was suggested and started at the Silver Anniversary Testimonial Banquet for Glenn D. Willaman, the Association’s first Executive Officer, at the 42nd Convention of the California Real Estate Association (as C.A.R. was previously known) in 1946.
To be eligible, the student must possess
- Serious commitment to a real estate career
- Currently enrolled in a two or four-year college in California
- Enrolled at the time of application in a minimum of six units, including one real estate or real estate-related course
- Completed a minimum of twelve college level course units within the last four years.
- Completed at least two Real Estate or Real Estate related courses
- Maintained a cumulative grade point average of 2.6 or higher from all college/universities attended
How to Apply:
Applicants must write a typed essay of at least 300 words explaining your career objectives.
Applicants can download the application form by the given link:
Please submit all the following documents to be considered for the scholarship
- A copy of the applicant’s valid California Driver’s license or State Identification card.
- Current official transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended the past four years.
- Verification of current enrollment including the courses that the student is currently enrolled in (either on a transcript or other proof of enrollment showing current class work).
- Two letters of recommendation.
Al complete application should be mail at the address given below
525 South Virgil Avenue,
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- $2,000 – to students attending a two-year college
- $4,000 – to students attending a four-year college/universities
The scholarship application deadline is Friday, September 8, 2017.
Link for More Information:
Questions regarding the Scholarship, please call staff at (213) 739-8217 or email, scholarship-at-car.org