The British Ecological Society is delighted to offer a number of grants for research in Ecological field. African researchers are exclusively invited to apply this award. Maximum £8,000 will be awarded to each of the winning candidates. To apply, the application packet must be received no later than 11 September 2017.
This grant provides support for ecologists in Africa to carry out innovative ecological research. The BES recognises that ecologists in Africa face unique challenges in carrying out ecological research and this grant is designed to provide them with support to develop their skills, experience and knowledge base as well as making connections with ecologists in the developed world.
The successful applicants may expect to receive £8,000 for research. An additional sum up to £2,000 may be requested to fund travel to help grantees develop connections with other ecologists outside their usual peer group.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the area of ecological science excluding research focused solely on agriculture, forestry and bioprospecting.
Place of Study
The research can be taken in Africa or other countries.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be qualified, candidates be satisfying all of the criteria as follow:
- be a scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands, that is a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank categorization
- have at least an MSc or equivalent degree
- be working for a university or research institution in Africa (including field centres, NGOs, museums etc.) that provides basic research facilities
- carry out the research in a country in Africa or its associated islands
- The proposed work must be completed within 18 months
Only African scholars are invited to apply.
Please learn the application guideline at the application link below.
11 September, 2017.