British Council Nigeria in collaboration with the International Association of Theatre Critics (IATC) and Guardian Newspapers Nigeria has organised a Young Critics Programme in line with Lagos Theatre Festival. Eligible candidates who wishes to apply should read this post and follow the instructions carefully. Good luck
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Lagos, Nigeria
About the Award: The 20 participants trained will subsequently be inducted into IATC.
The 2017 workshop will hold from 1 – 4 March 2017 alongside Lagos Theatre Festival. The workshop will include classroom teaching from IATC members from Europe and Nigeria and fieldwork in the form of review writing by the participants during the festival with mentoring from the IATC facilitators. The training will be certified by IATC.
Reviews produced by the participants will be published online by Guardian Newspapers and syndicated by other media platforms.
Guardian Newspapers Nigeria will also publish a selection of the reviews by project participants in print.
The workshop is free of charge to all participants.
Eligibility: Selected participants will
- Have demonstrated interest in the performing arts or have experience working as a journalist
- Be aged between 18 – 35 years of age
- Reside in Nigeria or any country in West Africa
- Preference shall be given to applicants with some experience in theatre criticism or journalism
Selected applicants will be notified by 1 February 2017
Number of Awardees: In 2017, the programme will train and mentor twenty (20) young writers and journalists (aged 18 -35) in theatre criticism. The 20 participants trained will subsequently be inducted into IATC.
Value of Training:
- Participants within Lagos will get a daily transport stipend of N2, 500 per day; participants from outside Lagos will be put in accommodation provided by British Council and transported to the workshop venue each day.
- Lunch and dinner will be provided for all participants from 1- 4 March.
Duration of Training: 1 – 4 March 2017
Application Deadline: 26th January 2017
Award Provider: British Council