SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The UK Department of Business, Energy and Industrial strategy (BEIS), the British Council and Egyptian Cultural Affairs and Missions Sector are pleased to offer Newton-Mosharafa PhD Programme for the year 2017/18. Egyptian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The British Council is a British organisation specialising in international cultural and educational opportunities. It works in over 100 countries. The British Council is a charity registered in England and Wales and Scotland and is governed by Royal Charter.
For acceptance on to the scholarship, we require a minimum of IELTS 6 Please note; your university could well have different language requirements. If your university requires a higher IELTS score than 6, then you will need to have attained this by the language score by the close of the call for applications on 15th October 2017. IELTS 6 is our minimum requirement; if your university requires lower than this, you will still need at least 6 for entrance onto the scholarship scheme and shall submit it before the deadline of application.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Research will need to focus on one of the following areas (further details on page 4):
- Sustainable Water Management;
- Renewable Energy;
- Sustainable Food Production;
- Affordable and Inclusive Healthcare
Scholarship Award: The Newton-Mosharafa PhD Scholarship will cover all living expenses and travel costs, as well as tuition and bench fees. The PhD Programme will sponsor:
- Full Scholarships- full three year PhD with degree awarded by a British Higher Education institution
- Joint Supervisions- the opportunity to spend a year doing research at a British Higher Education institution as part of a PhD at an Egyptian university (with the possibility of extension to a second year under exceptional circumstances).
Number of Scholarships: In 2017/2018 the Newton-Mosharafa Fund will grant roughly 15 full scholarships and 35 one year placements in this year.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Scholarship should be in a UK institution for higher education
- Study should in one of the five themes of Newton-Mosharafa (check page 4 )
- Applicant must be a lecturer or a research assistant (that should have got his Master’s Degree ) or a teacher assistant or research assistant in one of the bodies listed in the Missions’ plan who has been appointed for no less than two years after the application date (in case of teacher assistant who hasn’t been appointed to his position, he can submit what proves his appointment in this position before his travel, in case he was not appointed he will be excluded).
- Applicant’s age should not exceed 30 years from the date of the Call for Application. (In some exceptional circumstances, an extension of a maximum of two years beyond the limit of 30 might be granted (Contact the Missions sector for more details).
- Applicants should have obtained a master’s degree in the Mission’s discipline.
- General Estimate of the Applicant’s first-level university degree should be “Very Good”, at least.
- If the applicant has already registered for the PhD degree it is preferable that registration should not be exceeding one year by the date of the Call for Application. And if the applicant didn’t register for PhD, the date of receiving his Master’s degree date shouldn’t exceed two years.
- Applicant should have obtained an IELTS score of 6 as a requirement for applying. Higher levels of language proficiency required by the potential host university shall take precedent (presuming they are at least a minimum of IELTS score of 6). See page 12 for more details.
- Applicant should have finished his military service or exempted.
- Applicant shouldn’t have received a scholarship or grant to have the PhD before. In case the applicant has applied for a scholarship and his/her application was not decided on by the date of the Call for Application, the applicant should be dispatched to the scholarship in case his/her application is accepted and should submit a waiver of the mission.
- The Data Form should be approved by the home institution ( approved and stamped from Faculty and university ).
Nationality: Egyptian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should have obtained a master’s degree in the Mission’s discipline.
English Language Requirements: Applicant should have obtained an IELTS score of 6 as a requirement for applying. Higher levels of language proficiency required by the potential host university shall take precedent (presuming they are at least a minimum of IELTS score of 6).
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications for both of these schemes is 2:00 pm Cairo time on October 15, 2017.