SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Entries for the Breakthrough Junior Challenge Scholarship are now being accepted. The citizens of all countries are welcome to apply. They must be between 13 and 18 of age. Winner will be granted up to $250,000. The closing date of application is no later than 1 October 2017.
Make a short film about a big idea in science or math and win a $250,000 scholarship and a brand new science lab for your school. The Breakthrough Junior Challenge is sponsored by Breakthrough Prize Foundation. It is an annual global competition for students to inspire creative thinking about science. Students ages 13 to 18 from countries across the globe are invited to create and submit original videos (5 minutes in length maximum) that bring to life a concept or theory in the life sciences, physics or mathematics.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in Physics, Mathematics and Life Science.
Place of Study: Not specified.
All countries are eligible.
- One (1) Prize will be awarded to the Winner consisting of a $250,000 college scholarship (“Scholarship”) and renovations to the Winner’s school (“School”) valued up to $100,000 forthe renovation or addition of a science lab.
- As part of the Prize, the Winner will also elect one teacher (“Teacher”) who has inspired the Winner, and such teacher will be awarded $50,000.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Individuals between the ages of 13 and 18 may participate (“You”).
- You must be at least 13 years of age and You cannot be older than 18 years of age.
- If you are a minor, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter
- You cannot reside in nor be governed by countries that are prohibited by law, regulation (including United States laws and regulations or other applicable export laws and regulations), treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations (including export of technology) with the United States of America or its citizens.
How To Apply
To apply, fill in the form at the link below, answer a short questionnaire about yourself, your school and your chosen Challenge topic, and submit your completed video. Create a video of 5 minutes (maximum) following the given steps. You can choose one of the given fields as Physics, Mathematics and Life Science.
- Step 1: Select a theory, concept, or principle in physics, life sciences or mathematics. One that’s important to understand but challenging to explain.
- Step 2: Create a short video (no more than 5 minutes) to communicate the idea in an engaging, illuminating, and imaginative way. Be creative! Consider using visual tools in your videos, such as animations, simulations, or physical demonstrations.
- Step 3: Submit a YouTube video link in your application and join our Breakthrough Prize Facebook page. Share your video on your own Facebook page too. Take part in the Peer-to-Peerreview, where you get to view and score the submissions from 5 other contestants.
1 October 2017.