SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Birkbeck, University of London, is a public research university located in Bloomsbury, London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Fully funded: covers the full amount of the tuition fees and the full amount of accommodation fees.
- Partially funded: covers a part of the tuition fees.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Scholarships are available for students who will be studying at postgraduate level at Birkbeck during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Nationality: Students from Africa are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
- The minimum entry requirement fixed by the University of London for postgraduate study is a second-class honours degree in an appropriate subject from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- If the main subject of your degree is not directly relevant to your proposed postgraduate programme, you may be asked to complete a qualifying programme of study.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
- Please be aware that we cannot accept test certificates that were taken more than two years ago.
- Cambridge Test of English (Advanced English): overall score of 176, with 169 in each subtest.
- Cambridge Test of English (Proficiency in English): overall score of 176, with 169 in each subtest.
- Please note that for both tests you must provide Birkbeck with your unique Candidate ID number and your Candidate Secret Number.
- IELTS (Academic): overall score of 6.5, with 6.0 in each subtest.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): overall score of 62 with 60 in each subtest. (Please note that you must inform Pearson that you give permission for Birkbeck to verify your scores.)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test): overall score of 92, with 22 in Reading, 21 in Listening, 23 in Speaking, 24 in Writing. (Please note that you must quote Birkbeck’s institution code to TOEFL: 9961.)
- Trinity College London – Integrated Skills in English: ISE II. However, Admissions Tutors may ask for a higher score, depending on specific course entry requirements.
How to Apply: Students must first submit an online application through the course web page. After receiving an unconditional offer, applicants must submit an essay of no more than 500 words to international-office-at-bbk.ac.uk with the subject line ‘Scholarship for students from Africa’ answering the following question: Why are you the ideal candidate to receive a scholarship?
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 1, 2017.