The Best of South East is a scholarship-programme initiated by the Steiermärkische Sparkasse (Styrian Bank), in cooperation with Montanuniversitaet Leoben, University of Graz, University of Music and Performing Arts Graz & TU Graz.
Target group: talented and dedicated students and graduates from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia.
The programme’s aim is to provide scholarship-holders with international education, work experience and training opportunities.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for a 2-semester mobility programme at MUL
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship programme lasts 12 months (from September to the end of August) and includes at the Montanuniversitaet Leoben:
- A scholarship of 750€ monthly for an entire year
- A scholarship for a 2-semester mobility programme at MUL (winter and summer semesters 2018-19) and
- A 2-month trainee programme or internship (in July and August)
- Scholarships holders must successfully complete a minimum of 36 ECTS credits per academic year (3 ECTS per scholarship month) at the MUL (otherwise you’ll have to pay back the scholarship)
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
- Citizenship: Slovenian, Bosnian and Herzegovinian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegro or the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M)
- Language skills in English (min. level B2) or German (min. level B2)
- Very good grades
- Students need to have completed at least 4 semesters of their Bachelor’s degree by the time of the application
- Doctoral students require a letter of confirmation from the supervisor of your dissertation at the Montanuniversitaet Leoben (please note that you yourself are responsible for finding a supervisor)
- Motivation, commitment, good communication skills, adaptability, theoretical knowledge, as well as practical skills
Nationality: Citizens of Slovenian, Bosnian and Herzegovinian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegro or the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M) are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students need to have completed at least 4 semesters of their Bachelor’s degree by the time of the application.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Language skills in English (min. level B2) or German (min. level B2)
How to Apply:
Step 1: Collect the Application Documents
- Confirmation of enrolment from the applicant’s home university
- Motivation letter in the form of an essay (not exceeding 2 pages); the focus of the essay should be on the applicant’s individual interests and motivation
- Transcript of Records / Diploma Certificate (if the original is in a language other than English or German, a translation in English or German certified by the home university is necessary):
for Master’s students: Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript of records from the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes
for PhD students: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates, as well as the transcript of records from the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programmes
- 2 letters of recommendation: Both letters of recommendation must be written by teachers who taught or supervised the applicant during his/her degree programme. One of the two letters of recommendation must be issued by an academic.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form (in English or German)
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of German or English language skills: Language certificates may not be older than one year.
- German language skills (at least level B2); only official certificates from the ÖSD, Goethe Institute or universities will be accepted.
- English language skills (at least level B2) – Toefl, IELTS or MUL language report confirmed by language school/institute (ask Christina Cresnik)
Step 2: Submitting the Application Documents
- Applicants have to hand in all of the required application documents above as pdf files via email to christina.cresnik(at)unileoben.ac.at no later than DECEMBER 8th, 2017.
- Include the following information in the application email:
- First and last name (as in your passport)
- Name of your home university in both the native language and in English
- Field of study in which you are currently enrolled
- Your academic programme (BA, MA, Diploma, Dr. etc.) and in which semester of your programme you are currently in
- If you were registered at an Austrian university in the past or are still registered at an Austrian university, state the name of the university and your matriculation (ID) number
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 8, 2017.