BAJS Postgraduate Studentships for International Students in UK . BAJS, British Association for Japanese Studies is inviting applications for a postgraduate studentships from international students who are/will be conducting their dissertation/research in the field of Japanese Studies. The studentships are open to postgraduate or prospective postgraduate students of all nationalities. Applicants must have been accepted onto a full-time or part-time course at a UK university at the time when you apply for a studentship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): UK universities | UK
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Studentships are provided in the field of Japanese Studies at UK universities
Funded By: British Association for Japanese Studies
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Postgraduate Studentships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Up to five individual studentships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration:
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards
- Up to five individual scholarships of £4,000 will be granted for use in given academic year. No awards of less than £4,000 will be made.
- You will not be eligible to receive an award if you accept full scholarships from the AHRC, ESRC, or any other funding body (UK or overseas).
- If you have a partial scholarship to cover fees only from another funding body, you may use the BAJS studentship for maintenance and/or fieldwork, dependent on demonstrating a need for an extra £4,000 towards your studies.
- Successful and reserve applicants will be notified in writing in July, and must accept by the end of August. Depending on whether the successful applicants accept the BAJS studentship, reserve applicants will be informed of their success or otherwise by mid-September. Awards will be paid to successful applicants in October.
- Successful applicants will be expected to acknowledge the support of BAJS in their dissertations, presentations, and any subsequent publications; they will also be expected to submit a 500-word report on how they used the studentship to BAJS council by the end of November the following year.
‣ The British Association for Japanese Studies (BAJS) is a UK-based association of scholars and researchers dedicated to the development of Japanese Studies.
‣ Their aim is to promote teaching and research on Japan by coordinating events such as academic conferences and circulating information about the field.
‣ The B A J S are offering up to 5 scholarships worth £4000 each to postgraduates or prospective postgraduate students who are/will be conducting their dissertation/research in the field of Japanese studies.
To avail BAJS Postgraduate Studentships, candidates must meet
‣ The studentships are open to postgraduate or prospective postgraduate students of all nationalities.
‣ You must have been accepted onto a full-time or part-time course at a UK university at the time when you apply for a studentship.
‣ Your dissertation (or proposed dissertation) must be in the field of Japanese studies. For PhD students in particular, it will normally be expected that you will be using Japanese language materials in your research.
‣ You must use the award either to contribute towards your fees, your maintenance, or your extended fieldwork. Final-year PhD students who wish to apply for writing-up costs should apply for the B A J S John Crump Studentship.
‣ You must be a member of B A J S when you apply. (Please note that student membership is free, or £20 if you wish to receive Japan Forum).
‣ Successful applicants may re-apply for a studentship in subsequent years, but please note that we particularly encourage new applications.
Afghanistan Scholarships • Africa scholarships • Algeria Scholarships • American Samoa Scholarships •Andorra Scholarships • Angola Scholarships • Anguilla Scholarships • Antigua and Barbuda Scholarships •Argentina Scholarships • Armenia Scholarships • Australia Scholarships • Austria Scholarships • Bangladesh Scholarships • Belgium Scholarships • Brazilian Scholarships • Canada Scholarships • Cape Verde Scholarships• China Scholarships • COMPETITION • Conferences • Cyprus Scholarships • Czech Republic Scholarships •DAAD Scholarship • Denmark Scholarships • Egyptian Scholarships • Ethiopian Scholarships • FELLOWSHIPS •Finland Scholarships • France Scholarships • Germany Scholarships • Ghana Scholarships • GRANTS •Hungarian Scholarships : List of scholarships in Hungary 2017-2018 • Indian Scholarships : List of Scholarships for Indian 2017-2018 • Indonesia Scholarships : List of Scholarships in Indonesia 2017-2018 •INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS • Internships • Iran Scholarships : List of Scholarships in Iran 2017-2018 •Ireland Scholarships : Full list of Ireland Scholarships 2017-2018 • Italian Scholarships : List of Scholarships in Italy 2017-2018 • Jamaica Scholarships : List of Jamaica Scholarships 2017-2018 • Japanese Scholarships : List of Japanese Scholarships for 2017-2018 • Kenya Scholarships : List of Scholarships for Kenya Students 2017-2018 • Lebanon Scholarships • Libya Scholarships • Madagascar Scholarships • Malaysia Scholarships •Masters Scholarships • Morocco Scholarships • Nepalese Scholarships • Netherlands Scholarships • New Zealand Scholarships • Nigerian Scholarships • Norway Scholarships • Opportunities For Africans • Pakistan Scholarships • PhD Scholarships • Poland Scholarships • Portugal-scholarships • PROGRAMS • Research Scholarship • Rwanda Scholarships • Scholarships • Scholarships by Countries • Singapore Scholarships •Somalia Scholarships • South Africa Sholarships • South Korea Scholarships : List of South Korea Scholarships 2017-2018 • Spanish Scholarships • Sweden Scholarships • Switzerland Scholarships • Tanzania Scholarships •Thailand Scholarships • Turkey Scholarships • U.K Scholarships • Ugandan Scholarships • Ukraine Scholarships • Undergraduate Scholarships • United Arab Emirates Scholarships • USA Scholarships • Vietnam Scholarship • Zambia Scholarships • Zimbabwe Scholarships
Scholarship Application Method
- There is one application round each year.
- Application for BAJS Postgraduate Studentships is via the online application form. Please note that the form is available to BAJS members only, so you will need to be logged in to you BAJS member’s account on the site to acces it.
- Once you have submitted your application online, you will be sent an acknowledgement email with a unique application reference number.
- Your two nominated referees will also be sent an email with this reference number, asking them to respond to email@example.com with your reference by the application deadline.
- You must email a scan of a letter of acceptance by a UK University to firstname.lastname@example.org, also citing this application reference number.
- The next application deadline is 30th April.
Please note, it is your responsibility to make sure that BAJS receives both references and your letter of acceptance, citing your application reference number, by the 30th April deadline.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
Deadline: 30 April.