Applications are invited by the American Welding Society (AWS) Foundation for AWS Welder Scholarship. The program is open to students who are seeking welder training in a program up to two years, and cannot be used for credits towards a four-year program.The purpose of the AWS program helps students with their financial obligations, and they help to cover a variety of school expenses such as tuition and fees, books and other supplies.The foundation will provide total $10,000 award to ten different recipients that can be used for tuition and fees only.
The American Welding Society (AWS) was founded in 1919, as a nonprofit organization with a global mission to advance the science, technology, and application of welding and allied joining and cutting processes, including brazing, soldering, and thermal spraying. Since 1991, the AWS Foundation has helped students from around the world to realize their dreams and make them a reality.
- Applicant must be attending a trade/technical school or community college, or for an AWS Certified Welder Seminar
- Applicant must provide verification of enrollment prior to funding
- Awards must meet the welder training criteria
- Awards will not be made to Section officers or their families
- Awards will not be made to Section Selection Committee members or their families.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can download application through the given link: http://www.aws.org/library/doclib/Welder-Training-Scholarship-Application-1.pdf
Applications should be sent to the AWS Foundation at 8669 NW 36 Street, #130, Miami, FL 33166
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The AWS Foundation is offering ten awards to ten different recipients at $1,000 each that may be made by each District, and are for tuition and fees only.
- No awards will be paid to the recipients and will be paid directly to the academic institution by the AWS Foundation.
The application deadline is December 31, 2017. The AWS Welder Training Scholarships will be available year round (January 1-December 31) until the District awards the designated $10,000 for the year.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, Contact to Nazdhia Prado-Pulido at 800-443-9353, ext. 250