Austrian Government Scholarships for Research Program in Austria 2017
The Government of Austria is currently accepting applications for the Government’s Research Scholarships. Students from all nations other than Austria are welcome to apply. He or she must be currently pursuing undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate program and willing to undertake 1-4 month research in Austria. Successful candidates may expect to receive a monthly installment of 1,050 EUR plus other interesting benefits.
The Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW) and the European Union invites applications from international students for the 2017 Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates.
Each of the scholarship winners will be granted the benefits as follow:
- monthly scholarship instalment: 1,050 EUR
- accident and health insurance: if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
- the OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
- applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
Level and Area of Studies
1 – 4 month research in the area of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Austria
Eligibility and Criteria
- No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Doctoral students: 40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2017: born on or after March 1, 1977)
- for other students: 35 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2017: born on or after March 1, 1982)
Students from all nations except Austria are welcome to apply.
Please see the detail instruction at the website and application link below.
March 1st 2017.