Applications are currently been accepted for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for International scholars 2018,all applications are to be submitted before the deadline as stated.
Level: undergraduate programme
Field(s): to study any of the courses offered by the American University.
Value of Scholarship : The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
School(Institutions/ Country): American University | USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted for International students
Have it takes to avail AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship ?
- U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be secondary school students. You cannot be currently enrolled in or have already begun any studies at another university.
- AU EGLS candidates should apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2016.
- Preference for the AU EGL scholarship will be given to international students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- The most competitive applicants should have:
A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades
A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with a minimum 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted online. If you are applying through one of the following programs supported by EducationUSA, please provide a letter from your Education USA Center’s adviser confirming your candidacy and any cost-share provided by the program: USAP, Opportunity Funds, the Diana Kamal Scholarship Search Fund, IIE StudyAmerica, Competitive College Clubs, or similar.
The AU EGLS selection process is most competitive. Priority consideration will be given to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by December 15, 2017.
- Complete the online AU EGLS application (available fall 2017) and Questions 1-4.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form –each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be scanned and emailed as PDF attachments to email@example.com. Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template
- Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS score results (preferred score: 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL, or above) if available. These can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. International Admissions will call ETS or IELTS to verify scores on your behalf.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by priority deadline December 15, 2017, or by January 10, 2018 latest. Please note that students who do not complete their application by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- If you are applying through a program supported by EducationUSA such as USAP, CCC, Diana Kamal Scholarship, or similar, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming your candidacy. You may request for them to send it to email@example.com as a PDF.
- If you are not selected as one of the finalists, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC and eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, to continue the application process, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$62,819 (estimated costs for first year of study).
** Skype interviews will be required for AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Scholarship Applications are due on December 15, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.For more Information about AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship