Astronaut Scholarship Foundation | Undergraduate STEM Awards
Entries for the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation Award are being invited. This call is intended to undergraduate students majoring in STEM – related subjects. Please note, only nominated students will be considered to receive this ASF Award. The winning students will receive $10,000.
The Astronaut Scholarship Foundation’s (ASF) award is for outstanding students who exhibit motivation, imagination, and exceptional performance in the fields of engineering and natural or applied sciences. The University of Texas at Austin has been selected to be one of the twenty-seven institutions eligible to submit undergraduate student nominations for the $10,000 Astronaut Scholarship. Other institutions included are Georgia Tech, North Carolina State, Penn State, Purdue, Texas A&M, Michigan, Minnesota, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington.
Each of the winning students will receive $10,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in STEM and other related subjects.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- be a U.S. citizen (birth certificate, US passport or naturalization papers required)
- have completed two years of full time study at the University of Texas at Austin (sophomores nominated to receive the award as juniors must demonstrate truly exceptional accomplishments during their first three semesters)
- be a junior or senior at UT Austin at the time their scholarship begins
- be majoring in Natural or Applied Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- be a full-time student during both terms of the ASF-supported academic year (one-semester students are not eligible)
- have conducted a considerable amount of research in their field
- have been nominated for consideration by a professor at UT Austin who knows the student well enough to identify a special drive or talent that foreshadows a creative career leading to the advancement of scientific knowledge and technology
The U.S citizens may be nominated to receive this award.
Please see the instruction of nomination procedure at the link below.
March 1, 2017.