One Young Summit 2017 will play host to the AstraZeneca Young Health Programme Scholarship 2017. International applicants are eligible. One Young World are proud to provide charitable support to engage more youth in our efforts to address the issue of adolescent health and disease prevention. OYW are collaborating with One Young World to offer ten scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Aged 18 – 30
- An evidenced commitment to addressing health and wellbeing in a local, national or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and health promotion and/or social determinants of health.
- A leadership ability in their chosen cause or issue
- A capacity for innovation and values-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
- OYW are looking for young people who work for or are involved with a non-governmental organisation, social enterprise, community based organization, or who are individuals making an impact through advocacy activities or direct programming related to adolescent health.
- The successful scholars will join ten other YHP delegates who are already involved with the programme, as peer educators, advocates, NGO partners or community youth leaders.
- In addition to attending the Summit, YHP scholars will participate in a pre-Summit workshop to meet the delegation, share information about their background and get prepared for what will be an incredible experience in Bogotá.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia.
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá (economy flights).
- Hotel accommodation in Bogotá 3 – 7 October (inclusive).
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on the 3 – 7 October (inclusive).
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
Application Deadline: July 21st 2017
For More Information: